Thursday, January 6, 2011

List crafting... (updated)

I really should add "making peace" on my list of to-dos, because it's such a healing thing to take part of, to really embrace understanding with someone else instead of doing the easier thing of avoiding it/them and allowing it to grow into this monster... In light of the deaths of two friends in the last month, there really isn't any time for that kind of bullshit (in my eyes).


So let's keep chugging along with even creating a list.


1. Snowmobile
2. Make a meal for someone without any help
3. Build a bookshelf
4. Cut back my spending to be 300$ per credit card bill (woof, I know)
5. Decorate and own my own Christmas tree
6. Snorkel
7. Read through all my Real Simple magazines before buying any more
8. Parasail
9. Hangglide
10. Go camping for at least 3 days
11. Ride my bike as a means of transportation somewhere (I hate bikes)
12. Compile giant photo albums of the albums I already have on Facebook
13. Learn how to change oil in a car
14. Re-attempt snowboarding or downhill skiing
15. Go sailing
16. Go to Florida or Hawaii (one or the other is fine!)
17. Watch these movies: My Best Friend's Wedding, Shawshank Redemption, Slumdog Millionaire, Blind Side (and sooo many more people bother me about seeing)

18. Go to a Backstreet Boys or Justin Timberlake concert.
19. Hem/mend my own pair of pants (in essence, re-learning how to use a sewing machine. Scary.)
20. Develop a better taste for wine
21. Learn how to drive a stick shift vehicle
22. Purchase my first real person car
23. Learn to make at least 2 dishes of my momma's cooking (on my own)
24. Learn how to play basic piano
25. Give ice skating a real shot
26. Visit California to see my family at least three times
27. Participate in at least one service project a year
28. Try a Brazilian Wax (I am petrified of this)
29. White water raft somewhere
30. Read the news more often- let's start with at least once a week (which is a huge step up from 'almost never')


Runner ups:
31. Complete a newspaper crossword
32. Finish a scrapbook
33. Install my own shelving
34. Sew myself some article of clothing
35. Go to a drive-in movie
36. Take a photography class
37. Holidazzle
38. Go to the Sculpture Gardens
39. Go to the Boundary Waters
40. Ride the best rollercoaster at Cedar Point (has been on my list for years)
41. Try Snuba (snorkel + scuba)
42. Go fishing. I've only been ONCE. Bonus: actually catch a fish
43. Juicy Lucy
44. Oxynate
45. 


Any of these are subject to change as I decide what else comes to mind, haha. Of coures I will celebrate other things I push myself to do, also since I don't just have 30 goals for my entire life.


SUCH A GOOD MOOD RIGHT NOWWWW. <3

1 comment: