Monday, January 24, 2011

#20 part 1

The reason why this is on my list is because I'm usually not into having alcohol. For some people, getting a drink is really ritual and relaxing-- usually for me and my enzyme deficiency, it means feeling kind of weird and ill if I have the wrong kind or too much. But I'm hoping that for wine's case, I just need to create a palate for it, similar to my growing taste for coffee.


So I finally found a wine that I super love. I already had liked the Reisling that Katie had me try a while ago, so I was excited to find another sweet, white wine to try!


So for Christmas, Andrew and I went in on a collection of gifts for Amy (his sister) and one of those gifts was a nice bottle of wine. She still had some left when we went to her going-away party so Andrew and I split what was left. He even put it in a nice wine glass for me, straight out of the box that she clearly had never unpacked, HAHA sorry Amy.


Anyway, this isn't the exact bottle but whatever!:




Moscato D'Asti! I am always a little wary trying new alcohol, especially wine, because usually it burns in a way I'm not used to (hence why I'm trying to get a better palate for it). But this was *delicious, wet, sweet, and fruity. It didn't make me feel icky like other alcohol does, either. I was actually sad I only had that half glass! I'm going to have to investigate further and make sure it wasn't a fluke! (Stay tuned for that post...)


Someday, I'll try a red wine that I like. That's not a sangria (though Sue makes a realllll good Sangria).

No comments:

Post a Comment